Being a vegetarian i always try to include healthy options in my daily meals. Paneer or cottage cheese is one of them. Today i am going to share another paneer recipe but with some other healthy vegetable which is SPINACH/ PALAK. So here is the recipe of palak paneer
1 kg spinach/ Palak
3 medium sized tomatoes
2 small sized onion
Salt as per taste
1 or 2 chopped green chilli
1 bowl homemade cottage cheese/ paneer
Red chilli powder according to your taste
Step wise method of making palak panner
• First of all clean, rinse and chop the spinach / palak.
• Chop other vegetables too like onion, tomato and green chilli
• Now heat up a frying pan, pour cooking oil, add onion sauté it until it changes the colour.
• Add spinach/ palak and bhunify it until the water evaporates.
• Cover the lid and cook it for 10 minutes
• On anothet stove sauté the paneer. While sautéing add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Cook it till it changes the colour.
• Check the palak and add tomatoes and green chilli. Cover the lid again and leave it for more 10 to 15 minutes.
• Now grind palak with the help of grinder or any other food processor.
• Add cooked paneer / cottage cheese in it and cook it again for 5 minutes. Garnish it with homemade butter as it will enhance the taste.
Delicious PALAK PANEER is ready to serve.
Pictorial recipe of palak panner
YOU CAN HAVE IT WITH
My todays palak paneer recipe is specially for those who have fussy kids at their home. In this recipe i took healthy and full of nutrients items paneer and palak. So do try this recipe.
CAN I ADD GINGER AND GARLIC IN IT AS A TARKA?
Yes, you can. Simply when its fully cooked just sauté ginger and garlic paste in oil and add it in ready palak paneer. You can give full red chillies’ tarka too.
I avoid ginger paste so i skipped.
CAN I USE BLUE BAND BUTTER INSTEAD OF HOMEMADE BUTTER?
Yes, my kids like homemade butter taste and the other side its very healthy. So i used homemade butter.
some people use cube cheese in it instead of cottage cheese but as i told you before that i prefer homemade and hygienic food.
You can check homemade cottage cheese recipe on jyoti foods.