Palak Kofta is a dish that can blend in easily for the fussy eaters just like my children. My children always argued when it came to palak / spinach regardless of its endless benefits. They would disobey me and never understand that how healthy it is for them until i tried this recipe. Palak kofta proved out to be the only source of spinach they loved and eat regularly.
When my children argue over any healthy vegetable, my first try is always to make it in a delicious way so that they can’t refuse. Try this recipe and don’t forget to share your experience with your children whilst trying this.
Ingredients for kofty
1 bowl spinach/ palak ( i used freezed one )
2 tablespoons besan/ gram flour
2 chopped green chilli
Salt as per taste
Red chili powder ½ teaspoon
Roasted cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Chat masala ( optional )
Step wise method of making palak kofta
• First take a bowl, add all ingredients accept cooking oil mix them well with the help of your hands.
• If the mixture is ready keep it aside for few minutes.
• Take a karahi or non stick frying pan. Fill it with cooking oil. Heat up the oil and add palak kofty one by one.
• Leave it for 2 min then turn the sides very carefully so they won’t break.
• When koftas change their colour, then take them out in a bowl or plate.
Ingredients for gravy
1 tablespoon grated ginger
3 to 4 tomatoes
1 medium sized potato
Chopped green chili
All dry ingredients ( salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, roasted cumin seeds, coriander seeds powder )
Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Step wise method of making without onion gravy
• First wash and clean tomatoes then chop them in tiny pieces. Do the same with potato.
• Now take a pressure cooker, pour 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in it. Add ginger and stir it for a while. Now add tomatoes, give it a good stir, add water and pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
• When the cooker release its whistles, open it and let it cool for 5 to 10 min. Now grind it with the help of grinder or any other food processor.
• Now add potatoes, bhunify it for 5 minutes add water and chopped green chili. Pressure cook it again for 3 to 4 whistles.
• After that add all dry ingredients which are mentioned above, mix them well. Add palak kofta and cover the pressure cooker with a plate. Cook it for more 5 min on medium flame.
• Palak kofta is ready to serve. Take it out in a bowl, garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve this delicious PALAK KOFTA with roti, naan or chapatti
STAY CONNECTED WITH JYOTI FOOD RECIPES