Waiting for someone to go to Lahore to get you nankhatai from your favourite bakery? Or looking for a bakery that has a perfectly fit nankhatai according to your taste and wanted level of sweetness? Nankhatai recipe is shared by JYOTI FOODS.
You’re at the right place!
Today, I present you, homemade nankhatai.
We usually don’t have an idea of how do bakeries bake the cookies we like, but today I’m going to share such a hygienic and unique recipe of nan khatai that will blow your mind!
I can guarantee you that your family will keep drooling over these if you make these cookies with the accurate measurements!
Don’t forget to share your experiences with me in the comment section below and Tell me how YOU and your family like it.
1 cup maida
2 tablespoon suji/ semolina
2 tbsp besan/ gram flour
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Half cup ghee / cooking oil
Step wise method of making naankhatai ‘s dough
• Take a bowl put maida/all purpose flour, besan/ gram flour and suji/ semolina. Mix well with the help of spoon.
• Take another bowl pour ghee / oil in it. Add powdered sugar. Mix it till it gets fluffy.
• Now add maida/ all purpose flour mixture in it.
• Knead a dough with steady hands. Now add crushed almonds.
• Take lemon sized ball from this dough, press little bit between the palms.
• Take a plate grease it with oil. Put naan khatai on the plate.
Step wise method of making nankhatai in pressure cooker/ patella / karhai.
• Heat up the karahi for 10 minutes. Put a grill in karahi/ patella.
• After 10 minutes when the karahi is sufficient heated up so put that naan khatai plate on grill.
• Cover the lid. Bake it for 20 minutes.
• Check it in between.
• It will take around 20 to 25 minute to bake properly
• After 20 to 25 min turn off the flame and let naan khata cool down.
• You can store it for a month.
Serve it with a cup of tea or give it to your kids in lunch box.