Dal kachori is one of the most wanted snacks in Asia. We used to go out to street stalls to have daal kachori and channa chat. My children have always been so obsessed with such food and now that you know Hygiene has always been the first priority to me in terms of food and i believe that everything should be clean enough to eat and to share. And keeping that in mind i tried this recipe by myself!
And it proved out to be no change than those on the streets! I could myself not believe how did it come out so perfectly delicious! With benefits of extra taste, hygiene and health.
Ingredients for stuffing
1 bowl dal ( i took yellow lentils/ moong dal but you can take another dal too. )
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
1 or 2 Chopped green chilli
Roasted cumin seeds ½ teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Lemon juice 1 teaspoon or amchoor powder 1 teaspoon
Ingredients for making dough
Maida/ all purpose flour 1 cup
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon yogurt/ dahi
Water for kneading dough
Step wise method of making dough
• First sieve the maida/ all purpose flour. Add pinch of salt and yogurt. Knead it with steady hands. If water id required so you can add it too. Don’t knead a soft dough.
• Cover it and leave it for half an hour.
step wise method of making DAL KACHORI
• Now clean and rinse the dal well.
• In a pressure cooker, pour few drops of cooking oil, add dal, stir it for a while. Add water, salt, pinch of red chilli powder. Cover the lid and pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
• When cooker releases its whistles open it. If there is excessive water so drain it.
• Now take a frying pan, sauté roasted cumin seeds for a while then add dal and all dry ingredients which mentioned above. Cook it for 5 minute. Take it out in a bowl and let it cool for some time.
• Take a karahi or pan. Fill it with cooking oil
• Now make small sized ball of kneaded dough. Roll it a bit. Fill the dal stuffing.
• Roll it again and deep fry one by one.
• Delicious dal kachori is ready to serve. Serve it with aloo bhujia and ENJOY..
HAVE IT WITH ALOO BHUJIA.
FEW TIPS WHICH YOU SHOULD REMEMBER
• Dont add too much water in dal wheen you pressure cook it otherwise it will become a paste
• Be careful while rolling the kachori. Any breakage will cause the kachori to absorb more oil.
JYOTI FOOD RECIPES is a platform where you can find a lot of easy and healthy recipes.