Another healthy recipe, MOONG DAL FINGERS. Being a vegetarian i sometimes feel that i dont have much options to feed my children but when i enter in the kitchen i end up with a perfect, delicious dish.
Mostly kids/ teen agers wants to have some snack in evening. Mine too. But i always prefer to give them something healthy. In my todays recipe i added moong dal, which is full of protein.
We can make a lot of things with moong dal. I will share all one by one. Like moong dal roti, dal wada, moong dal kachori and many more.
1 bowl moong dal
2 small size potatoes
1 Teaspoon fresh bread crumbs
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
A pinch of hing
Finely chopped green chilli
Fresh coriander leaves
1 teaspoon chat masala ( optional )
Roasted cumin seeds ½ teaspoon
Cooking oil for deep fry the moong fingers
Step wise method of moong dal fingers
• First of all clean and rinse moong dal and soak it for around for 3 to 4 hours.
• Boil the potatoes
• Now drain the water from dal and grind it a bit.
• In a bowl add grinded dal, salt, red chilli powder, bread crumbs, chopped green chilli, coriander leaves. Now take a boiled potato and grate / kadukash it in the bowl.
• Mix well. Now make a long shape fingers just like kabab and keep it aside.
• Now in a karahi or pan, pour oil. Heat up the oil. Add these moong dal fingers one by one.
• Turn the sides until it changes the colour and cook properly
• Serve it with green chutney, tomato ketchup or Kashmiri chutney.
if you are a person who can’t compromise with their health so must try this homemade snack and dont forget to share the recipe.
You can find some more different cuisine’s recipes on jyoti foods.