Methi paratha is most likely breakfast option in my kitchen. I have shared a lot of breakfast recipes on jyoti food
- Aloo cheese paratha
- Dal paratha
- Seyal phula/ chutney Stuffed paratha
- Onion paratha
- Methi aloo and many more
Finely chopped methi around 1 bowl
1 or two chopped green chilli
Chopped coriander leaves
Red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
Salt as per taste
Fresh milk cream 1 tablespoon
Wheat flour 1 cup ( you can use maida but i prefer wheat flour)
Water if needed
Step wise method of making METHI PARATHA
• First pluck off methi leaves from stem, rinse and chop finely.
• Take a bowl add wheat flour, chopped methi, chopped coriander leaves, green chilli, salt, red chilli powder and roasted cumin seeds.
• Mix them well. Now add fresh milk cream and knead a dough.
• Most probably you wont need water because of the milk cream but if there is any need of water then you can add it.
• knead a smooth dough.
• Oil the dough and keep it aside.
• Now heat up a tawa. Take out a small amount of dough. Roll it like a chapatti.
• Put it on tawa and cook both sides until it changes the colour
• Don’t forget to brush the cooking oil.
REASON TO ADD FRESH MILK CREAM
Because of the milk cream paratha will become more soft and tasty. Another reason to use fresh milk cream is, paratha stays fresh for longer. so you can take them in your lunch box.
If you don’t have fresh cream in your fridge so you can replace it with homemade yogurt or dahi.
HOW CAN WE INSIST KIDS TO EAT THIS METHI PARATHA?
Simply add little bit boiled potatoes. Your kids will love it.
WHY METHI PARATHA IS A GOOD OPTION IN BREAKFAST?
Because methi has a lot of benefits. It helps in digestion and is good for hair and skin. A lot of people use methi dana for hair growth and if someone wants to lose weight so i must say include methi in your diet.
I heard this from my elders that take breakfast LIKE A KING, lunch LIKE A MINISTER and dinner LIKE A POOR. So try this methi paratha recipe in your kitchen and make sure to follow all steps.
AND as you all know, sharing is caring so don’t forget to share this recipe with your loved ONE. HAPPY COOKING!
HAVE THIS AROMATIC, SOFT AND CRISPY METHI PARATHA WITH TOMATO CHUTNEY, DAHI, OR ANY KIND OF CURRY.