Dal Palak | Spinach Curry | Sai Bhaji
Today i am sharing such an amazing recipe of dal palak. i mixed dal/ yellow lentil in it to enhance the taste of spinach. The taste of this curry/ dish is simply delicious. Spinach has a lot of nutrients ( protein, iron, vitamins and minerals ). Mostly people like to have spinach in salads too. This green leafy vegetable is very useful for skin, hair and bones problems.
Once i visited my doctor as i was feeling really down so he advised me to check my iron level which was in low range. My doctor suggested me to include spinach in my weekly menu and believe me it increased my iron level instantly.
If you make it this way, no one can deny to have it, neither kids nor elders , as its the perfect recipe with accurate measurement. In sindhi we call it sai bhaji. The specialty of this curry is, i didn’t add onion and garlic so you can have it in fast/ virat too.
Raw spinach 1 big bowl
Dal moong ½ bowl
4 to 5 chopped tomatoes
Gritted ginger 1 tablespoon
1 finely chopped green chilli
Salt as per taste
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon ( if you like more spices so you can add more chilli powder )
Stepwise method of dal palak
• First clean spinach/palak then rinse it well at least for 6 to 7 times. Like you should change water 7 times so all the mud and dust is cleaned perfectly.
• Finely chop the palak. Soak the dal for around 3 hours.
• Now in a pressure cooker pour oil, add grated ginger, stir it for a while then add spinach.
• Drain the dal’s water and add it in pressure cooker. Add chopped tomatoes, green chilli, salt and red chili powder. Bhunify it for 10 min. After 10 min add 1 small cup of water.
• Cover the lid and pressure cook it for 3 to 4 whistles.
• When cooker releases its whistles, open it and grind it with hand beater.
• Yummy, delicious spinach Curry/ dal palak / sai bhaji is ready to serve
Have it with roti, chapati, naan or rice.
If you are a pure vegetarian and want to get more ideas about vegetarian dishes, Indian cuisine so don’t forget to visit my YouTube channel.
Jyoti food recipes is a perfect platform for those who want to try healthy and unique recipes. And changes their kids eating habits.
STAY CONNECTED AND HAPPY COOKING!