All the vegetarians out there, who cannot gain proteins through fish, do not need to worry even a bit. Today, I’m here with a new and FULL OF PROTIENS recipe for you people. Introducing *Drum rolls* DAL CUTLET
I remember the first time when I made these and asked my hubby to taste it. To my astonishment, my husband fell for it so hard that HE asked for the recipe. He made me cook these each time we would have some guests, and they also, would ask for the recipe before leaving.
It took no long for this mouth watering recipe to finally take over the entire family. Whether it is tea time, or dinner, these cutlets have become a necessity in the menu of tea parties and guest dinners.
Daal contains healthy nutrients and is high in proteins which boost your health and immune system. This cutlet with taste is a jackpot of health too. With this, it is high in antioxidants which help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases and heat strokes.
3 mix daal ( i took daal moong, daalchanaabd green daal ) around 1 bowl
2 small boiled potato
Salt as per requirement
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Chat masala optional
Green chilli finely chopped
Green coriander leaves
Step wise method
- First boil all daals together. While boiling add salt, red chilli powder and few drops of oil.
- Pressure cook it for around 3 whistles
- Open the cooker, take out the dal in a bowl. Let cool.
- Add all ingredients one by one. Mix them well.
- Make cutlet from this batter.
- Now in a frying pan brush some oil, spread all over the pan. Heat it up a bit.
- Add cutlet one by one, if your pan is big in size do you can add 4 or 5 cutlets.
- Flip it after 5 min. Cook both sides accordingly.
- Serve it with green chutney, Kashmiri chutney, tomato ketchup or any other sauce.
HAVE IT WITH,
You can have this cutlet as your tea time snack or give it in your kids lunch box as a healthy option
Make a burger with it too.
WHY I CHOOSE THIS DAL CUTLET FOR MY BURGER
Daal is rich in potassium, magnesium and fiber which can reduce blood pressure. It is also very helpful to those on a weight loss journey! It raises fullness hormones and suppresses hunger. With such benefits, you get a Tsunami of taste which is unforgettable and irreplaceable!
Dal cutlet is really very good for children who fuss over healthy and vegetarian food and is a perfect lunch box meal for them. You will see how their taste buds will finally start to love this dish.
It blends in perfectly as a side dish. You can add other vegetables into this as well like peas or pieces of carrots but since I’m highly promoting the original taste of dal in it I haven’t used any other vegetable.