Bharwa Bhindi | Masala Stuffed Okra
There are a lot more different kind of okra recipes on internet and in cultures, but this BHARWA BHINDI OR MASALA STUFFED OKRA is my most preferred one. There are several reasons for it, one of those being the splendid taste. You can have this dish with any main course or with any snack. This fits in perfectly with any meal of the day.
It contains low fat as the amount of oil is really less.
This recipe is easy also. Beginners can make this recipe very finely. The ingredients used are also easily available and it doesn’t consume so much of efforts too. If you are looking for any other simple and easy recipe so click here.
Prep time 15 to 20 min ( if bhindi are washed properly)
Cooking time 20 to 25 min
course side dish
Okra , bhindi ( half kg )
Red chilli powder 1/2 tablespoons
Salt as per taste
Turmeric powder 1/4 tablespoon
amchoor powder half tablespoon
coriander seeds powder 1/2 tablespoon
Cooking oil 2 tablespoons
Step wise method
• First wash the okra, bhindi properly. Make sure that the okra, bhindi is dried properly.
• Cut both the ends of the bhindi.
• Now, give the bhindi a vertical slit (lengthwise). Dont cut it apart, the bhindi should be in one piece.
• Now fill in the masala properly.
• Pour oil in a fry pan. then put okra, bhindi in it and cover the lid.
• Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes on low flame.
• after that, flip the sides of the okra and cook it for more 10 minutes on medium flame.
• Your masala filled okra is ready to serve. Take it out in a plate and have it with any main course.
Okra , bhindi should be dried properly. You can use kitchen towel or any strainer. Like wash it 2 to 3 hours before preparing it and spread it on the kitchen towel.
Fill masalas very carefully. The stuffing should not be over filled or else those will burn away in the oil.
Be careful about the flame it shouldn’t be high.
you can increase or decrease the amount of chilli up to your taste.
Jyotifoodrecipes is a platform for those who prefers homemade food.